Breaking News

I've switched from Chrome to Edge (with Bing ChatGPT built in) and my 2017 Mac now works

What is it. I started using Safari years ago. For work reasons - mainly to use the Google suite - I was forced to switch to Chrome, which in some ways is more versatile and functional. Chrome is a demanding browser to say the least. Unless you turn the whole machine into a slave running Chrome OS Flex. I have a mid 2017 iMac Retina 5K with 24GB RAM. One of the most stable teams to boast of and still updated to the latest version of Ventura today.



Even today, it gives me enough strength to do something. But five years is a heavy burden for everyone, and since I have a dozen open processes, the team is already suffering. Until I switched to Edge. I didn't even know that Chromium-based browsers like Vivaldi, Opera or Brave were so versatile. It even changed the way I worked. Use ChatGPT instantly

The first and most notable is the integration with ChatGPT. Now, every time you search from the top bar, you can see web results or ask the Bing chatbot directly. Just move the mouse up to activate. I don't even need to use the "chat" section of Bing. I have managed to explore the features of ChatGPT on iPhone. What's more: our colleague David has a built-in chatbot for creating shortcuts. His possibilities are enormous. Trust me, the results are much better than a normal web search. Export sessions from old computer to new computer

Because of the lighting in my house, I do a lot of one thing, from typing on a 27-inch iMac to a 13-inch MacBook Air. In each place I have my own approach and organize myself differently, but I always look for an opportunity to move from one session to another, keeping all the tabs pinned so that I can continue without pausing. Edge takes Chrome syncing a step further and allows you to not only restore sessions and tab groups, but also open closed tabs and tab groups on other devices, export sessions to save time logging into new computers, and vertical tab mode, perfect for large desktops.

Calculator, instant translator, currency converter, collection of popular games, direct access to Microsoft 365 or Outlook - common in half of Spanish university portals - and file download similar to AirDrop System Manzana. It's fantastic.

Those of us who work with music also know that every app you open counts and fills a small portion of the RAM pie. Edge allows you to integrate many services to listen to music playlists without opening anything else. Here are some of the integrations we can do:

  • apple music
  • Yandex music
  • Dieter
  • spotify music
  • amazon music
  • facebook messenger
  • instagram
  • whatsapp
  • e-mail
  • Youtube - You can listen to music while working in another tab. Tok Tok

Just login and I can forget about desktop apps. The functionality is the same, and being able to move from icon to icon with almost no movement saves me from procrastination. Complete control over the RAM I use... and the RAM I save

Speaking of RAM, Edge also has tools to manage resource usage. In fact, you can activate save mode in the "Settings" section. To try it out, follow these steps:

Press the cursor on the three dots in the upper right corner. Now go to the "Performance" section.

Enable productivity mode and you'll see unused tabs remain gray as if frozen. As soon as they are touched, they will be reactivated, and the overall behavior of the window you are working on will be smoother, which is important for teams with certain traditions. Oh yes, earn money by browsing

They'll pay you to click, to search on Bing, to use Edge, to take quizzes... Microsoft Rewards is a reward system that is ruining everyday search. In fact, they are very dynamic and do not steal more than a few minutes a day.

Note that for example 9300 credits equals 10 euros for Xbox. The amount I usually accumulate in about 15 days. That being said, I get about 20 euros a month for free games. It can also be redeemed for Spotify Premium subscriptions, Netflix subscriptions and even pay for hotel tickets or donate to charity. You can check it in the awards section.





FUENTE - applesfera.com

No hay comentarios